Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Kindness of Strangers



A criminal defense investigator's best resource is:

Another criminal defense investigator.

At the start of the week, I was fretting over a wall I hit with regard to an investigation I'm working on. I ran the situation by a friend, whose also a criminal defense investigator. My friend, in turn, put me in touch with someone in her office, who had all the information I needed to get past the snag. And then some. How awesome!

Over the years, every time I have ever asked a fellow criminal defense investigator for help or a favor, they have risen to the occasion. Often times these are investigators in another city who I have found off a defense organization rooster, who don't know me from Adam until the moment I call them on the telephone to ask them to save me.

When I have been asked for help by other investigators, I'm always ready to help. I know that my good investigatory deed will be reciprocated...tenfold. Maybe not by the investigator I've done a favor for, but by another criminal defense investigator out there in the world somewhere.

Sorry if this post is a bit touchy feely. I'm just feeling grateful for the comraderie we defense investigators share.

No comments: