Friday, April 20, 2007

A Good Investigator Never Gets Wet



Today it is actually raining here in Southern California. This is about the third day of actual rain this whole year. Really.

An old boss of mine used to always say, "A good investigator never gets wet." I was never completely sure what he meant by that. Is it because a good investigator is always on top of their cases, so they can stay inside drinking hot chocolate on rainy days? Or is it because a good investigator always gets invited into their witness' homes, as opposed to being left standing on the porch in the rain?

I've always found rainy days to be excellent days to cold call a witness. I've also found them to provide an excellent enviornment for staying inside my window-filled office typing reports.

Gosh darn it, I wish we had more of them here in sunny California. It would at least help me get my work done.

Thanks to the "The Bald..." on Flckr for the photo.

No comments: